Divorce Lawyer Sydney
Our Divorce Lawyer in Sydney Supports Families Through the Family Court Process
Our divorce lawyer in Sydney offers a flexible fee structure and an honest, open, respectful negotiation style to find solutions that work for everyone involved. We also provide domestic violence assistance in Sydney North, the CBD, and the eastern suburbs. Talk to us when you are ready to take the next step.
Problems Our Divorce Lawyer in North Sydney Addresses
Our family lawyer handles separation and divorce agreements, issues with spending time with children , financial and property settlements and offers parenting coordinating services during a challenging time. We recognise that separation and divorce will impact every aspect of your life and we are ready to help.
- You may require a divorce lawyer on the North Shore so you can reach amicable agreements regarding your children, family, finances, and retirement. We tailor our services to your needs and circumstances and prevent needless litigation.
- Let us help you to discover the best route forward for all involved. One alternative, provided that you and your former partner are transparent regarding your financial positions and have already reached an agreement, is our divorce lawyer-assisted DIY separation option that formalises your arrangement. Another option is the traditional family law way, which does not necessarily lead to court.
- Traditional family law is the preferred choice if you deal with urgent issues, cannot access your former partner’s information, or are apprehensive about your safety. We suggest a five-stage plan to clarify your goals, reach a final settlement, and move forward.
- We can assist with a strategy and chart the steps required to finalise property or parenting matters if you cannot communicate or reach an agreement with your former partner.
- Make an appointment for a telephone, video conference, or face-to-face preliminary one-hour consultation, during which we will discover the best way forward for you.
We will provide you with a clear plan about your future legal costs and start working on a settlement or commence court proceedings if we cannot resolve the situation.
Related Services Provided by A Divorce Lawyer Near Me
Your divorce and separation lawyers can negotiate the best solution for your children regarding how much time they spend at your and your partner’s homes once you have separated.
- Allow us to assist you with an agreement concerning parenting issues. We can also refer you to counselling services if necessary.
- Parenting agreements are not standard, and different families make diverse arrangements, depending on what suits them best. If doing so is the most beneficial option for you, we can obtain formal Family Court Orders – without you having to go to court – once you and your former partner have reached an agreement. We can also facilitate a more informal understanding.
- Apart from ‘spend time with’ and parenting agreements, complicated financial matters may cause conflict. You need to decide about the family home, company, business, trust and partnership structures, retirement or superannuation funds, shareholdings, and investment properties. We are experienced and qualified in these matters.
- Are you in a same-sex or heterosexual de facto relationship? You have similar rights to a married couple if you live together, whether the relationship is long- or short-term. We can help if your relationship breaks down and the situation involves property settlements, dependent children, and other legal matters. We know how the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia will evaluate your position and we will advise you accordingly.
- We have much experience acting for family members – such as grandparents – in a range of situations. We will guide you through the process, advise you on your financial obligations and represent you in court if necessary.
Our divorce lawyers near me offer a full range of legal services, including consent orders and collaborative family law.
Why Trust O’Loan Family Law Regarding Divorce Lawyer Costs?
We run a flexible-fee firm that offers value pricing, so you know what costs to expect as we guide you towards a resolution.
- Our legal practitioners are members of the Limited Liability scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
- We are members of the Law Society of New South Wales and the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
- Our principal, Bronwyn O’Loan, has been admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia and is a member of the Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals, Women Lawyers Association of NSW, and Parenting Coordination Australia. She is the author of The Splits – How to help your kids navigate separation and divorce, a best seller on Amazon.
- We accept the National Privacy Principles – encompassed in the Privacy Act 1988 – that regulate how we collect, apply, disclose, save, secure, and dispense with your personal information.
- We are available in our Lavender Bay, NSW offices from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, are transparent concerning our charges, and will inform you what to expect before you commit.
Contact us to send an email or give us a call.