Financial Separation Solutions With a Human Touch
Are you a middle-aged mum or dad considering separating from your partner? Perhaps you’re in your late 60s, retired and no longer happy in your marriage? We offer financial separation services to help transition from married life to being officially single without unnecessary litigation and provide advice on reaching a win-win situation.
What You Can Expect From O’Loan Family Law Regarding Financial Separation Australia
If you’ve decided that the best thing to do for your wellbeing and that of your children is to file for a divorce, we assist in providing advice so that the financial separation from your spouse is as quick and cost-effective as possible. These are some of the services we offer:
- Financial separation advice. If you’re looking to formalise your separation or are having trouble reaching an agreement, we help expedite the process so that you can save time and money. Our consultations include giving guidance regarding the practicalities of your relationship breakdown such as property and financial division, maintenance, parenting and child support. We’ll help you formulate proposals, assist in responding to them and negotiate on your behalf. If needed, we can refer you to counsellors, mediators, valuers and other experts.
- DIY separation service. Although not all cases are straightforward, this option is ideal in instances where both parties have decided that they want a separation and have agreed on the terms. Where the application for divorce is joint, we assist in its preparation, issue the paperwork to you and spouse for signing, file the application in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia and send you a copy of the divorce order when received from the court.
- If, on the other hand, you require a sole divorce application, we include the service of issuing the application to your spouse and attending the court hearing if required. Depending on your situation, you may also need our DIY option for an application for consent orders regarding property and parenting agreements where we collect the necessary information, prepare the draft application, and commit to minor changes where required. Following these steps is where you and your former partner sign the application, court filing, and you obtain a copy of a court order.
- The last of the ‘Do It Yourself’ choices is the processing of your binding financial agreement (‘BFA’). We can advise you as to whether a BFA is more suitable for you in your particular circumstances. After preparing the draft BFA, we allow for minor changes, serve a copy of the draft to your former partner (or their lawyer), offer advice on relevant laws and arrange for signing by both parties. In conclusion to these steps, it’s a requirement that the BFA is signed to confirm that we have given you advice. This is also the case for your former partner.
- Clear steps. We offer a process where you know what to expect from the outset and communicate the legalities involved in a way that’s easy to understand.
The first phase of our separation services is to conduct a conflict check to ensure that haven’t previously advised your former partner. Following this step is a complementary 15-minute introductory call where we introduce ourselves to you and establish your current situation and what the desired result is. The next phase is the initial consultation, where we go into the details of your case to determine the best way forward regarding property issues and parenting. We then offer advice on how to resolve matters and tailor make a strategy suited to your circumstances.
Throughout your separation journey, we keep you informed of the progress of your case and offer support. The last step is resolution, where ideally, we seek to settle without going to court.
What Sets O’Loan Family Law Apart Regarding Financial Separation After Divorce
We provide open and honest handling of your divorce financial separation where we collaborate with clients by empowering them to make informed decisions.
- Our offer a flexible fee service so that there are no surprises and that you can focus on building the foundations for the next chapter of your life.
- Online solutions. Our practice stays up to date with industry developments and undertakes to improve our service by using the relevant technology available. Our online solutions ensure that processes are streamlined and that timelines are never longer than they need to be.
- We maintain open channels of communication where we encourage you’re your participation in determining the best outcome for you. This engaging approach ensures that everyone is on the same page and accelerates decision making.
Why Trust O’Loan Family Law
Our firm has the approval of the professional standards legislation, and our team are members of the scheme. Owner Bron O’Loan is a #1 Amazon bestseller book publisher of ‘The Splits’, a book that can help parents going through a divorce to support their children through the process.
Contact us for accessible and innovative service in Sydney North, CBD and Eastern Suburbs.